How to Access Training
The search for the right course can be quite a task, and it can all be terribly confusing.
We hear lots of questions on a daily basis:
- "Which qualifications are recognised in the profession I want to enter?"
- "What type of training do I need to help me get this job?”
- “Are there Apprenticeships or Traineeships available?”
- "How do I find funding for my course?"
There are a range of web based resources you could use to get started:
- National Careers Service - Over 750 job profiles with the entry requirements and training information
- Apprenticeships - Apply for Apprenticeship
- UCAS - Search for courses in Higher Education
- hotcourses.com - The UK's largest course finder
- NCS - Different types of learning
You can also try searching your local college and university for a list of courses.
However we understand that looking for training can be challenging, so we are here to help!
We can help you with expert advice and support on finding suitable training and learning that helps you to achieve your career aspirations.
One of our careers advisers will discuss and explore your aspirations with you during a friendly face-to-face session, and will tell you about appropriate courses and learning opportunities for you to consider, and how to access them.
The advisers have extensive and up-to-date knowledge of education and training providers across the district, and Yorkshire region. They will also let you know if there are any organisations, colleges or employers offering on the job training such as apprenticeships.
You are welcome to visit Aspire-i Opportunity Centres to meet with them and use our modern IT facilities in your quest for learning and work.