Labour Market Information
What's out there when you want a job
Learning what Labour Market Information is and how to use it can help you find a job.
We'll help you to find out how easy it is for you to enter the career of your choice. Together, we'll examine up to the minute labour market information, which can help you discover
- What jobs and skills employers are looking for
- Where the job vacancies are - places, employers, industries and occupations - locally, regionally and nationally
- What the jobs involve, how much they pay and their long-term future.
- The different career paths you can take to these jobs
- What education, skills and training you need for specific jobs
- What factors can stop you from getting a job
- How the labour market might change in the next few years and which job areas are growing in the future
- What skills and qualifications will help you to get and keep a job in the future
If you are thinking of a change of career or are interested in certain jobs, we can signpost you to a series of leaflets about some of the most popular areas of work. Inside you will find detailed information about jobs, pay, hours of work, skills needed, training, current and future trends, where to look for vacancies, and contacts for further information.